Zesty Red Clam Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 (6 1/4 oz) cans chopped clams (drain and reserve liquid)
- 1 (14 oz) can tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb linguine or thin spaghetti, cooked
In a medium sized saucepan, cook the garlic in olive oil until golden. Add the liquid from the clams plus remaining ingredients except clams & pasta. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the tomatoes.
Add clams and heat through. Serve over pasta!