Six Layer Casserole:
2 cups cooked long grain rice
2 cups cooked ham, diced
1 cup sliced green onion
2 cups broccoli flowerets (frozen or fresh)
1 can cream of tomato soup (or cream of chicken or cream of mushroom) mixed with equal parts of half-and-half
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Butter a large casserole or deep dish pie pan.
2. Cook broccoli and green onion in a little water with a dash of salt for 5 to 6 minutes. Drain well.
3. In a bowl, combine tomato soup and half-and-half.
4. In casserole layer rice, broccoli/green onions and ham.
5. Pour soup mixture over, top with grated cheddar cheese.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 35 minutes or until casserole is steaming hot, cheese has melted and casserole has light brown color.
7. Serve hot from the oven.