Long car trips with your toddler – how to survive…
- Cd’s – kids songs, fun songs, a wide variety of things (Lil’ Duck loves Veggie Tales CD’s).
- Portable DVD player – with DVD’s of favorite shows of course.
- Some people drive at night so they will sleep.
- Take frequent breaks – let them out to run around when you get gas, etc.
- Put a soft basket of toys by the car seat within reach – use new toys or toys that have been retired that now will seem new.
- Put a snack/cup holder on the car seat.
- Point out things outside, play little games, talk to them