Deep in the midst of wedding planning of our own family Duck wedding, the beauty of autumn lends itself perfectly to this season of love! Here are 6 fall wedding trends to love right now:
- Burlap. Whether anchoring a backdrop runner on tables or used as part of lovely bows for chairs, trees, or other decor, this authentic woven material is both earthy and chic and goes with everything!
- Real leafy branches. Twining around pumpkins for table decorations, standing up in vases and wrapped with lights for illuminating dark corners, dropping down from above to add flair to a boring ceiling… oh the possibilities! Those branches inspired this happy couple’s save the date card design, with twining berry vines with leaves all around their lovely text:
- True, natural wood textures. Whether you are upcycling pallets (great for signs and decorations), using baskets for table decor or the wedding cake base, or simply using the patterns on printed designs, this return to natural beauty is perfect for a fall harvest theme.
- Chalkboard style accents. Use signs, table cards, or other touches – chalkboard accents with handwritten text pair beautifully with a fall wedding.
- Unexpectedly bright colors. Fall doesn’t mean just dark brown, orange & gold! Navy blue is back and lovely with all of the fall shades. Coral continues to be oh-so-sweet and is perfectly paired with navy blue, like this happy couple used for their save the date cards:
Or, keep a traditional autumn color in your wedding by using orange and then for an unexpected twist, purple! We love this color combination that is oh-so-perfectly chic and popular right now, whether in a warmer berry shade as shown in this save the date card design:
Or in a cooler shade closer to eggplant, such as what this happy couple used for their photo wedding thank you card design here:
- Pumpkins! While ghost pumpkins are stylish, the traditional orange are nothing to sniff at either, depending on your colors and decoration needs. Wrap them with burlap, ribbons, twine branches around them, strew them with leaves, bejewel them or spray paint them, put candles in or around them – nothing says fall like pumpkins.
See more ideas and inspiration in our engagement & wedding card design gallery and on our fall wedding Pinterest board!