A new baby is such a blessing! Here are some lovely ideas for Christening & Baptism blessings that express your joy in words. You can speak these aloud at your baby’s events or display them on thank you cards, a plaque on the nursery wall, or on your Christening & Baptism Invitations.
Blessings From Our Families
1. Dearest Father in Heaven,
Bless this child and bless this day of new beginnings.
Smile upon this child and surround this child, Lord,
With your wisdom and love.
Teach this child to follow his own path through life
and help him to fulfill his soul’s mission.
Teach him to live life with a peaceful heart,
to show compassion to those in need, to be a true friend,
and to show gratitude in the ways of
Love, faith, hope and charity.
2. May you always have
A sunbeam to warm you
Good luck to charm you
And a sheltering angel
So nothing can harm you
Laughter to cheer you
Faithful friends near you
And whenever you pray
Heaven to hear you
3. As the droplets of water are placed upon you,
You are wrapped in God’s precious love.
May He bless, guide and protect you,
Keeping you safe, healthy and happy from above.
God bless you, little Angel.
5. O Lord, to whom to love and to be are one,
hear my prayer for the baby who is more yours than mine.
Give to her what is best for her. I cannot tell what it is.
But You know.
I only ask that You love her and care for her
With the love and care You showed for Your Son.
6. God be with you
On this your day,
Every day and every way,
With you and for you
On this your day,
And the love
be toward you.
Blessings From The Holy Scriptures
1. For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
2. May the Lord give his angels charge over you, to guide you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11
3. Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7
4. For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6