When planning a 50th anniversary party, we love to focus on the memories and the love between the happy couple. While our 50th anniversary invitations are designed to begin your event in this way, we have also gathered some 50th anniversary party ideas to make your party planning easier throughout the entire event!
- Ask each guest to bring a fabric square of a memory of significance to the couple and have them sewn into a quilt.
- Ask guests to write out their favorite memories of the couple, which can then be assembled into a scrapbook as a keepsake.
- Choose a menu evoking items from their first date or wedding meal.
- Top the anniversary cake with the topper from their wedding cake if possible.
- Golden paper doilies under the plates.
- Tie golden ropes with tassels around the backs of chairs.
- Use white china with gold trim.
- Serve drinks in crystal with gold accents.
- Tie napkins with golden ribbon.
- Light the table with candles in gold candlestick or votive holders.
- Gather photos from throughout their marriage, and place them on display in golden frames.
- Write place cards with gold ink.
Party Favor ideas:
- A CD with the music that will be played during the party/music that is special to the couple.
- A high quality chocolate bar with a wrapper personalized to commemorate the day.
- A cellophane bag of chocolates wrapped in gold foil (such as gold Hershey’s kisses), tied with a gold ribbon.
- A small, gold toned picture frame with a portrait of the couple.
- A split of champagne that has been personalized for the event.
- Decorate each place setting with a mini vase (with gold accents) filled with fresh flowers, which double as favors.
- Personalized matches.
- A family recipe mounted on gold cardstock.
Be sure to take plenty of photos, which you can showcase on any of our wedding thank you card designs for all your guests to enjoy!