13 Food Ideas For Birthday Parties:
- Sounds like BBQ time to me – you can go as simple as hot dogs and burgers or make a more elaborate menu of marinated chicken, ribs, etc. depending upon your budget. You can save even more by shopping in bulk.
- Build your own hot dog bar! Kids like plain dogs, melted cheese, onions, grilled peppers, etc. Have chili for the adults & some burgers (also veggie).
- Grilled Hawaiian chicken. Pre-cook the chicken breasts, then throw them on the grill in pre-made foil packs of teriyaki, pineapple and chicken.
- A bag of chicken strips can make some kid-happy chicken fingers as well!
- Jello jigglers in matching party colors – cut them out with themed cookie cutters for a festive touch.
- Watermelon slices (for outside parties only, make sure to get the seedless variety for younger children).
- Pre-made salads at your local grocery store deli (cole slaw, potato, etc.)
- Pre-cooked Spiral Ham – it’s fancy, feeds a crowd & uses the same toppings as hot dogs or hamburgers. Ask the deli workers to slice it for you & save additional time.
- Roasted Chicken – you can even have 50 or so pieces delivered a few times during the party so it stays hot and fresh.
- Use cookie cutters to create themed, easy finger-food sandwiches (use simple fillings like tuna salad, peanut butter, cheese & ham, etc and be sure to clearly mark the plates for those with allergies).
- Chilled fruit & dip – whatever is in season (beware of grapes & anything with pits if the party has young children).
- Add your own in comments!
Also see our Custom Party Invitations for your event!